Friday, March 25, 2011

#97 Why God planted us in Kentucky

I have been feeling kinda useless lately. Perry gets to go to work and I do things around here for him. But I just wanted to be needed for something more. Well, God put me to work today. Here is another reason God planted us here in Kentucky.
Today I went to Dillard’s in the mall and got a “free makeover”. Yeah, they wanted me to buy stuff but I told them I was unemployed. I pulled a twenty and called Perry to see if I could buy him a coke. I really wanted him to see my new face. Lots of color! So I went to his office and he asked me if I had heard about the MAF workers who were in a car accident. I haven’t seen it yet.
Well, a couple who live in Michigan were driving through Lexington on their way to Florida. They were headed to a recruiting fair. They were in Ecuador for 21 years. They lived in Nate Saint’s house! They had a car accident yesterday at 3:30 pm and are in the hospital here. MAF needed someone to help them. I thought I could do that! They needed someone to locate their car and get things out of it. I went to the hospital to find out what kind of car and how they were doing. I walked into John’s room and he said “MAF sent you, huh?” They knew help would come. His wife, Sherry, was in surgery for a broken wrist. John has a lot of face injuries. He looks bad. But he still had his sense of humor.
We talked about what he would like to get from the car; power cord to computer, phone and maybe the gps and his golf clubs. He told me about the car and I called Perry so he could try and find it. I called MAF to let them know how things were going. They told me where the car was located. It was in an impound yard about 30 miles outside of town. MAF got permission for me to head down there and pick up a few things. I wanted to get there soon because it is suppose to rain again and the windows are broken.
Now here are the really awesome parts! I told the tow truck driver that they were M’s and he teared up as he told me that his in-laws are M’s in China. His wife and he go on short terms all the time. He took me to the car and helped me get into it. I thought he might only let me get a few things but this guy opened everything and helped me. He is not allowed to get anything out of the car but he lifted the big things so I could get to the little things. The phone was destroyed but I got the sim card. I got everything out of the trunk even his golf clubs! The stuff in front was mostly covered in blood so I left a lot of it there. I did find the power cord so he can have contact again. I found his passport, camera’s, medicines, address book, pictures of g’babies, their bibles and all of their suitcases.
I now believe in the saying that “stuff in your car can be weapons in an accident”. The tool box was in the trunk but there were tools in the front of the car. And a cooler with soda cans; soda can in the front windshield. I am going to be more careful with what I carry in the car.
In all of this, God kept reminding me that it could have been just as easy as been us while we traveled across the country. Pray for this couple, John and Sherry Lemmon. Today God showed me that I am needed here.

**John and Sherry were released last night from the hospital. Their children are taking them to Michigan to stay with John's sister. She lives in a one story house and due to their injuries; that will work out the best. They wanted to thank everyone for their prayers.
I want to thankful you all for your kind words of encouragement to me.

14 comments:

  1. How awesome I love it when God does such huge things when we thought they were tiny. They were I am sure huge for those people. I will keep them in my prayers. You do because no matter where you are or what you are doing Sherry, you are always a blessing to whomever God brings in your path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I read about you from Kim and she says you are a wonderful lady. Of course I knew you would be as she said and reading this--you are everything I knew you would be. So glad to find your blog :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry ~ just came over from Kim's ~ I love it when I hear about God working in our lives ~ so uplifting ~ Happy Saturday. I am going to follow along. Stop by some time and see me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sherry, Just read about you at Kim's and wanted to drop by and say hello! We just changed churches, so I'm in sort of a holding pattern, too...waiting to see where God is going to plug me in. It's hard to wait, isn't it? But He promises He will renew our strength if we do! I'll be praying for clear direction for you. It is wonderful to meet a friend of Kim's....I love her so! Look forward to getting to know you better. Hope you will drop by my place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there: Came over from Kim's place. Kim is one of the warmest souls I know and I'm SO glad she has you in her life. You sound like a precious soul too. God bless you and yours! God bless that couple you have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...God will use us when we have a willing heart and this is very convicting to me this morning to be more available to Him, for whatever.

    I will pray for this couple and so glad God found a willing vessel to be His hands and feet to them.

    Dropping by from Kim's blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I popped over from Kim's blog and I am soo glad I did! So glad you were willing and able to bless this couple with your help. I will keep them in prayer for sure. Blessings to you today! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not fair making me cry so early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherry, I just stopped by because I was invited by Kim, a mutual friend.
    It's amazing how God works in our lives if we only listen and wait for his call. I'm on my way back to the farm to scrub gates for my calf pens but I'll visit another day. Have a great day. JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hopped over from Kim's blog too on this Sunday morning. You know... there is NO WAY God would ever waste your willing heart. He has so much ahead for you, whether it's in Kentucky or far across the sea. Your blog is a testimony to what is ahead!

    Loved this and so enjoyed the visit!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry, I came over from Kim's blog, and have been so blessed by this. I believe as the Word says that our steps are ordered by God. I am always so awed by His plans for me.
    I once read a book titled"Bloom Where You Are Planted", and it seems you are blooming in Kentucky!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Farm Girl Kim sent me, glad she did. You're helping, probably more than you know, and are planted exactly where God wants you to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought you might not know it was me. I am glad you finally figured it out. I miss you too and I was hoping someone from my blog would live close to you to come and be your friend. I have all of these ladies I love that live on the east coast so I was hoping. If I couldn't be there to give you hugs and M and Ms then maybe some of them would.
    I can't tell you how thankful I am you are back in the States. I know it has been so hard for you and I know you feel so torn.
    I just want you to heal and get well and I know God has a perfect plan.
    The lady named Sonja that left you a note. Her Dad worked for Billy Graham. She knows all of these incredible people and she is such a blessing and encouragement. All of these ladies are such wonderful saints.
    I knew they would just love my wonderful and brave and sweet friend.
    I love you lots,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete