Thursday, March 17, 2011

On my way to 800 Aprons!

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/02/26/1649570/apron-exhibit-highlights-domestic.html#storylink=misearch

Many of you know that I enjoy wearing aprons while I am teaching. Awhile back in the newspaper, I saw this article. Her family donated her aprons to a college close to us. I am going down there next week to check out the exhibit.

So... I got to thinking, my sister made me most of my aprons. When I got settled here, I unpack, cleaned and mended 53 aprons. I had a great idea! I could pass this lady! I called my sister and told her I needed 748 more aprons. She laughed and told me to get on it. She then told me that I had nothing to do so I could make my own. Guess what, I got a box in the mail yesterday. It held material to make 4 aprons and she sent the pattern. She was serious. So here are the newest materials.

 
I needed some more Easter ones.
 


 
Another Easter
I will post some more pictures after I visit the exhibit. I'm thinking that I should take one of mine and show them a great apron! (Or I should just get a job and quit thinking...)

I finished one for her friend who lives here.

You gotta have a Peanuts one!





Jungle Theme

 


I made it to Berea College.

#58 - My Mo apron
 




Unique with the towel attached



Pretty Cheeky, I love it!
 

Great idea on how to display


2 comments:

  1. Why does it sounds like blame when I'm only trying to keep my sister busy?!?!?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Peanuts material!!! I think Aunt Marcie was quite creative in sending you material and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete