Many family members and friends have asked us to let them know what is next in our lives. So I wanted to share the many blessings that God has showered upon us.
Two years ago, Perry and I followed the call by God. We offered ourselves to go anywhere He wanted us to go. What an adventure we had in Afghanistan! We loved it there. We made it home and found that developing relationships with others was a gift from God. As many of you know, we had planned to be there for 5 to 7 years. God had other plans for us. We came back so I could get healthy. God has healed me.
So, what now? We spent 4 1/2 months in Bakersfield wondering what was next. It gave us time with family that we had missed so much. We have been blessed with two granddaughters that we just can't get enough of. It gave us time to really seek where God wanted us next. We fleeced God and agreed to go anywhere He wanted to take us.
We have been re-planted in Lexington, KY. After a very long truck trip across the country, we are settling in. Yes, it is very different here. But when you know that you have followed His call, it is right. I will keep you updated as we continue to seek the work that He wants us to do.
Two years ago, Perry and I followed the call by God. We offered ourselves to go anywhere He wanted us to go. What an adventure we had in Afghanistan! We loved it there. We made it home and found that developing relationships with others was a gift from God. As many of you know, we had planned to be there for 5 to 7 years. God had other plans for us. We came back so I could get healthy. God has healed me.
So, what now? We spent 4 1/2 months in Bakersfield wondering what was next. It gave us time with family that we had missed so much. We have been blessed with two granddaughters that we just can't get enough of. It gave us time to really seek where God wanted us next. We fleeced God and agreed to go anywhere He wanted to take us.
We have been re-planted in Lexington, KY. After a very long truck trip across the country, we are settling in. Yes, it is very different here. But when you know that you have followed His call, it is right. I will keep you updated as we continue to seek the work that He wants us to do.

Well, Kentucky is far away but at least it is in America, and like you said, you can sing with the radio on and the windows on. I am so glad you started a blog. You place looks cute as does your blog. Blessings to you my dear friend. I will be putting you on my sidebar so I can follow you. So update a bunch. Hey cool, I am your first follower.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Kim
Hi Mama, I was listening to a radio show this morning on my way to the office. They were talking about parents that text. Then I get online and see that my mom has a blog. Nice! I am proud of you. Question: Did you check with your landlord to make sure that they don't have anything against flamingos?
ReplyDeleteHaha!!! There is an flamingo lady in the next building. She has a nice one outside her door too. Watch out, flamingos could take over the world! (of course, starting on Kentucky)
ReplyDeleteNice to see this. I'm looking forward to reading this often.
ReplyDeleteLove You