We got an early start on the apt. Perry and I finished emptying the boxes in the living room. We took more stuff to Goodwill and the dumpster. So, we now have a larger living room. We walked over to the mall and did two indoor laps. We hadn't done that in awhile and we sure are feeling it. But it feels so good after you get done.
Perry asked me today why I was so excited aobut showing him around. I thought about it and the only answer I could give was that I have found a place to call home. I could have fought God and hated it. But I am so thankful for a new adventure that I just love it here! I am feeling comfortable with the area and I can find things to do and things to see; so its a good thing! We also found the local baseball stadium and located other places that we can explore later. In all, it was a really pleasant day in the sun!
We went for a drive so I could show Perry places I had found this week. We went to the Shaker village. We didn't go in but now we know where it is located. However, Tasha and Marcie will need to bring a bucket! It is a curvy road and it overlooks the Kentucky river. We saw some beautiful icicles and I had to stop and take pictures. Some of them were over ten feet tall. It remind me of stalagmites you see in caves.
Oh Sherry, this is so exciting! I think you have the greatest attitude..it IS a big adventure. We can be miserable or happy with our circumstances - whatever we choose. God has put this in front of you and you are taking advantage of them..Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're settling in. Wow, look at those icicles!
ReplyDeleteWait until summer, you might find some frogs. >.>
I'm glad you're continuing to adjust to your new home!
ReplyDeleteYou could give me a bucket or go 20 miles an hour:)
What beautiful photos, and beautiful thoughts. And I love the apron collection! I've enjoyed browsing your blog and am thankful for a small world and a big God...
ReplyDelete