Yesterday Perry had the day off from work, so we decide to explore Louisville. It is a 90 minute drive. We headed to the zoo first. Just as we pulled in, the raining started pouring down. People were running out the exit to their cars. I told Perry that I had umbrellas, he chose the animal print one. :) It rained for about 5 minutes and then stopped. So glad we stayed. It is a great zoo. It will be beautiful in the spring with all the plants are in bloom. Of course, my favorite part was the flamingos. So I have to share:
We also went to the seminary to see the campus. We know a young couple who live there as he is finishing his degree. His wife was in my junior high SS class. And he played baseball with Troy while they were in junior high. Their families are still in California. We had them meet us at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. I love this couple and the way God is preparing them for His service. It also made me miss our sons and their wives and girlfriends. I'm happy that we spent the time together and it makes me so thankful for the people who reach out to our sons as we are far away. God showed me another reason yesterday why He re-planted us here. Thank you, God!
I am always amazed when I see flamingos. God created this creature with the ability to lay its head on its back. It's neck can twist and turn and bend in such graceful ways. Wow!
However I really loved this goofy looking camel too.
We also went to the seminary to see the campus. We know a young couple who live there as he is finishing his degree. His wife was in my junior high SS class. And he played baseball with Troy while they were in junior high. Their families are still in California. We had them meet us at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. I love this couple and the way God is preparing them for His service. It also made me miss our sons and their wives and girlfriends. I'm happy that we spent the time together and it makes me so thankful for the people who reach out to our sons as we are far away. God showed me another reason yesterday why He re-planted us here. Thank you, God!
No comments:
Post a Comment