Today I went downtown to the Kentucky University Arboretum to walk around. It is the greatest place. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. Yes, everything is dead but just being outside was wonderful. There is a 2 - mile trail around the area. There are lots of signs that tell all about the plants and where in Kentucky you can find them. As I was walking the trial, I asked God to show me a red cardinal. I had seen one when we first got here but didn't have my camera. And He is so faithful! I got my treat! Enjoy!
 |
| This is only the third time I have seen one. |
 |
| It was singing the sweetest tune. |
 |
| There are lots of these rock walls around here. |
Love the arboretum walk! Caleb saw a male cardinal in our backyard yesterday and was thrilled - been a long time. Has anyone told you about the rock walls? Word is that they were built by slaves. (Kentucky was divided in the Civil War, brother against brother and father against son). Many of them have obviously been extensively repaired, but it's an interesting part of our history here.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that God let you see a cardinal! And you even got good pictures of him. :-) :-)
ReplyDeleteBut Kessie, I kept looking for flat frogs!
ReplyDeleteSherry,
ReplyDeleteFor some reason we get them alot in our Chicago backyard. Come see!
If i had long hair I would ask for one of those frog bows :)